Thursday, April 18, 2013

Top Talent Thursday


Hello and welcome back!  We are here today to share a wonderful interview and a sensational piece of work from our Top Talent winner from our recent Photo Inspiration challenge.  Our Top Talent for that challenge was Patricia Grissom of Cards by Trish.  Here's the gorgeous card Patricia made for this spotlight.

Let's get to know Trish:

-- Where do you Live? 

 Me, my hubby, and our little girl currently live in a small town in Central Illinois.

-- Describe yourself in five words? 

 Love of all things creative.

-- Describe a real life experience that inspired you artistically. 

 When my now sister in law and I first met, we both were scrapbookers. Our husbands frequent antique shows and such and we needed something smaller to take along to keep us entertained. We started stamping and have been making cards since!

-- Describe your most 'productive' crafting environment. 

 I seem to get the most done if my crafting room is neat and organized (which rarely happens) I also enjoy my windows and lots of sunlight streaming in. I generally have to have music going in the background as well - Michael Buble happens to be my favorite.

-- What if anything, do you consistently draw inspiration from? 

 I would have to say other crafters. I enjoy visiting the blogs I follow - there are some very talented people out there!!

-- If you were to create a slogan for your life, what would it be? 

 Serve, Snap, Stamp (I serve a Risen Savior and "serve" others as a registered nurse; I am a portrait photographer as well; I love to stamp and create). Pretty much sums me up!

-- Are you a Spring, Summer, Winter or Fall person? Do you feel you create better in that season? 

 I'm definitely a Spring/Summer girl - I enjoy being outdoors during the nice weather, but I also love having my windows open and coloring up my latest stamps. I probably get more crafting done in the winter though when life is a little "slower."

Thanks so much to Trish for this brief interview.  We enjoyed getting to know you a little better.  And we hope you will stop by her blog Cards by Trish and leave her some love!


5 comments:

  1. Trish's card is a real beauty and her colouring is amazing. It is always nice to hear what inspires other crafters and what brought them into crafting in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, when I see such beautiful coloring...I must admit that I'm terribly envious! This is such a fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card... the colouring is so lovely, and I love the layout too. Great to get to know Trish a little...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and I really enjoyed reading the interview!!!Thanks!

    die amelie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx